Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Classic Girl Scout Cookie: Trefoils

Girl Scouts have been selling shortbread cookies for more than 60 years, and this classic (called "Trefoils" by Little Brownie Bakers), remains a favorite.  An online opinion poll found at GirlScoutCookies.org reports that 5% of us claim it is our favorite GS cookie (a 3 way tie for 4th place); but the GS organization reports that the shortbread cookies account for 9% of sales, rating 5th.

Personally, I think these are refreshingly simple and I love eating them (for breakfast) after dipping them in my coffee.  PLEASE do not tell my children I eat cookies for breakfast - it would shatter their image of me...or shatter the image I wish my children would have of me.

ABC Bakers, one of the commercial bakers producing GS cookies, offers a serving suggestion of sandwiching ice cream or sherbert between the cookies. 



I suspect you could make a really good pie crust by using crushed shortbread cookies & butter; and I bet that would be wonderful for a pudding pie, ice cream pie or even cheesecake. 


And, be sure to stay tuned to learn more about GS cookies, and cookie sales in Loudoun County!

****
Following our series on GS Cookies, be sure to stay tuned for more information about LIVING IN LOUDOUN COUNTY.

For information on our local real estate market, please tap into the resources at http://www.therealestatewhisperer.blogspot.com/

To search for homes for sale, check out the HOME SEARCH option at
If you time it right, your housewarming gift maybe Girl Scout Cookies
or perhaps a recipe made with Girl Scout Cookies!

Curious what the value of your home is?


Web Analytics

No comments:

Post a Comment